Floptimism: Put to the Test

Today, I meant to have a recipe for you. Tomorrow, maybe I will follow through on that.

If you'll allow me to be slightly self-absorbed and petty for a (hopefully) short paragraph, I have to admit that this summer has, so far, been a trying one - for solely minor reasons, and nothing genuinely serious. I have been busy, stressed, and hard-pressed to find time for enjoyment lately, and it's been taking a toll on my capacity for positive thinking. I like to bake when I'm feeling stressed or otherwise emotional. Or, more accurately, I like to decorate. I like to sit with a cupcake or a sugar cookie or a small cake in front of me, sprinkles and plastic bags and icing on either side of me, and just create. It makes me feel calm, and I can forget about all of those entirely insignificant (yet-world-shatteringly-effectual-at-the-time) issues that have been plaguing my thoughts. However, when the stress originates partially from a lack of time able to be spent in the kitchen, I'm finding myself at a Floptimistic crossroads. My boyfriend tells me I need to make more of an effort to be positive. I can't really argue with him there.

For some reason, I just thought that if I wanted this blog to work badly enough, it would. People would stumble upon it, read it, share things. I don't know. There are a lot of blogs out there, and I now fully realize how lofty of an idea it was that this would magically take off. I'm not sure where to go from here. I wondered if it was even worth it, but I have to say that it is. After all, even if this never takes off and this blog amounts to little more than another website in a sea of endless virtual information, I still have a running chronicle of my growth and journey in the kitchen.

So, I have plenty of recipes to share with you, but none today. I'm sure after I post this, go downstairs to crumble some ginger-lemon cookies (alas, not homemade, but from a wonderful local farmer's market) over the remains of my also-not-homemade frozen yogurt, and then get a good night's sleep, I'll be in a better frame of mind.

And when I am in a better frame of mind, I will not be able to resist sharing with you my Spring Vegetable Pizza, Chocolate Ganache & Raspberry Curd Shortbreads, Jam "Strippers," and oh-so-much-more whose pictures have been collecting dust in my memory and hard drive.

I'll see you on the other side of the proverbial glass, eventually.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment